Saturday, November 28, 2009

My Life Is...

Average! Or is it? It seems that we go through phases of the best ways to kill time here in the grand setting of University. You log onto the computer to write an essay and instead find stories about people who have average lives, check your facebook, write a blog post, look at awkward family photos, or use mystery google. All of these things are exciting... or are they? What in the world attracts us to these websites? What is it about our culture that allows us to believe that it is truly better to absorb our time with reading and relishing the experiences of others, instead of experiencing life on our own?

What if we took the 15 minutes spent on MLiA or facebook and instead used that to converse with family or friends? Have we spent so much time in artificial communication that we've effectively destroyed true community?

As my friend Devon noted, it's ironic that I channel my frustrations about technology here. On a blog. In fact, it may be a bit ridiculous. Although, it may be the only way I can be heard. You tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment